Tuesday, 7 April 2015

My favourite base products


As I am getting more into posting regular blog posts at the moment, I thought I would start a small beauty series, showing you all of my favourite products. Today, I'm starting with the essential base products. 

I don't usually need to use a primer everday, but for the days where I want a little bit more coverage in some places, the POREfessional primer by Benefit is my favourite to use. I use a pea-sized amount and smooth it across the apples of my cheeks and my nose, as those are the places that I tend to loose coverage throughout the day. It applies so smoothly and helps my foundation stay put all day.

My favourite foundation is most definitely my NARS Sheer Glow foundation. I have the colour Mont Blanc and it gives me a slightly darker colour than I am, but you really can't tell once I've blended it all in properly. It creates a beautiful duey glow on my skin and also provides coverage, which is perfect for all year round!

For concealer, obviously the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer is one of my favourites. However, I decided to include two other products that are underrated in my opinion. The MAC Studio Finish concealer is an absolute dream for coverage, and I have the colour NW15. It comes in a little pot and is a very thick consistency, which is why I only use it for blemishes and areas that need a little bit more coverage, instead of underneath my eyes. It gives amazing coverage, and I've found that since the colour that I have is quite light, it also works really nicely as a natural looking brow highlight.

I think just about the only highlighting concealer that really gets any recognition is the YSL Touche Eclat. However, since I've found this little gem, I won't be purchasing that anytime soon. I use the L'OREAL Lumi Magique concealer in any places that I want to highlight, such as the bridge of my nose, cheekbones and brow bone. This is a concealer/highlighter hybrid that is a light consistency, which brings the perfect balance of coverage and radiance. Don't get me wrong, in terms of coverage it isn't the best on the market, but it does give a very subtle and natural sheen to the skin when applied, and it is so inexpensive! 


What are your favourite base products?
Taylor
x

No comments:

Post a Comment